Since our inception in 1974, the leadership at Tru-Amp Corporation has been dedicated to providing the highest quality electrical engineering services available. Our capabilities include an expansive portfolio of maintenance, testing, and repair capabilities for virtually any electrical distribution system and related equipment.
We’ve partnered with industry leaders in the telecommunications sector to provide switchgear maintenance and testing services for decades. Our experienced engineers offer fast and reliable preventive maintenance and repair capabilities for a variety of electrical systems and equipment.
Switchgear Testing: Our Key Differentiators
At Tru-Amp, we provide inspection and testing services that facilitate safe and efficient operating environments for our customers. These key differentiators set us apart from our competitors:
- We have more than 47 years of experience in electrical engineering and testing services, so we can work with both legacy systems and the latest advances in technology.
- Quality. Our internal quality standards are unparalleled, ensuring that our customers benefit from our stringent quality assurance practices. We also adhere to any additional quality and industry standards required by the specific customer, including ANSI and NETA standards.
- Accomplished professionals. Our team made up of highly experienced, accomplished electrical engineers and technicians.
- Direct service. Many maintenances and testing professionals outsource repairs and replacements, but our expert electrical engineers can identify and fix problems without bringing in a third party.
Switchgear Testing & Repair Capabilities
Switchgear devices open and close circuits and facilitate overcurrent protection. A switchgear contains its own circuit breakers and prevents a short circuit by isolating an individual circuit from the power supply to avoid broader power outages in the electrical system. Switchgears are commonplace in a variety of factories, power stations, commercial buildings, and more.
Tru-Amp offers repair and refurbishment services for industrial facilities, telecommunications equipment, construction sites, and more. Our capabilities include:
- Preventive maintenance. We perform preventive maintenance inspections to identify any corrosion, poor connections, stripped wires, or other potential malfunctions.
- Tolerance testing. We conduct complex tolerance test values to identify deeper issues in your electrical system. This capability requires knowledgeable electrical engineers that have been trained in this testing method, as well as in-depth knowledge about electrical products and equipment. We can test protective devices, insulation resistance, and conductor resistance.
Lead times for our testing and repair services may vary based on the exact nature of the application and the volume of testing and repair required. We work directly with major electrical equipment OEMs to get the parts and equipment needed, which may contribute to longer lead times in some cases.
Additional Electrical Testing Services
We offer a variety of value-added services that complement our testing and repair capabilities. These include:
- Equipment appraisals
- Electrical engineering services
- Encompass adjustments
- Infrared scans
- Preventive maintenance
We can also develop, update, implement, and maintain electrical system schematics and drawings using AutoCAD, creating an easy reference tool for future work.
About Tru-Amp Corporation
Tru-Amp Corporation maintains a staff of highly capable electrical engineers and skilled technicians supported by innovative solutions and equipment. With an expansive portfolio of field services, our preventive maintenance, testing, and repair capabilities help you create a safe and efficient operating environment within your facility. Please contact us today to see how our team can help to maintain, test, and repair your electrical equipment.